Electrical Engineer I Project Manager (Building Electrical Systems Design)
Who We Are: Established in 1911, James Posey Associates (JPA) is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), fire protection (FP) engineering design and commissioning firm located in Baltimore County, Maryland. As a small business, JPA has maintained important relationships throughout its 110-year history and expanded its clientele throughout the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC area. Our portfolio includes a wide variety of projects in the education, government, medical, research, critical-operations, historic, and cultural market sectors, including many iconic facilities with high-profile clients. Our firm embraces progressive engineering technologies, LEED and sustainable design principles, and promotes full project collaboration through Building Information Modeling (BIM) and project management strategies.
Whether student, entry level, or seasoned, JPA is committed to mentoring and professional development aimed at assisting talented staff achieve their professional goals. The company structure fosters an environment for employees to grow at their pace. Opportunities to succeed with JPA, coupled with the firm’s collaborative environment, social stewardship, and attractive benefit package, contribute to JPA’s long history of successful staff retention.
What We’re Looking For: JPA is currently seeking a full-time, driven Electrical Project Manager with strong design skills and project leadership experience in building power distribution systems, lighting and lighting control systems, and low-voltage communications systems. JPA’s ideal applicant is an experienced, registered professional engineer with progressive design and engineering experience, including project management within the building and construction industry. You should expect to supervise project engineers and designers, and work primarily with clients, firm principals, and design support staff; coordinate with work of other trades; coordinate with the work of other trades; and serve an active role in the daily design, engineering, and production of projects. Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree(s) in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering;
- 7+ years of experience designing and engineering electrical systems for institutional buildings;
- PE licensure is expected, but not required;
- Additional trade certifications such as LC or RCDD are desirable;
- LEED AP BD+C or WELL AP certification is desirable;
- Proficiency in Autodesk REVIT and AutoCAD design software;
- Proficiency or working familiarity with AGi32 lighting software and SKM power software packages;
- Proficiency and/or experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Acrobat, and other commonly-used computer software packages;
- Proficiency in written specification editing;
- Proficiency in conducting construction administrative tasks such as review of submittals, RFIs, and change order review, and providing written field reports.
Ideal candidates must also demonstrate:
- Ability to self-manage and manage and direct a small team of subordinates while still designing/engineering key project elements in the creation of premium quality, clear, and coordinated construction contract documents;
- Professional work ethic and strong desire to work as part of a multidiscipline design team;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong client relation capabilities;
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and analytic skills;
- Progressive, energetic, and positive work attitude to contribute to and excel in a collaborative environment;
- Strong familiarity with national, state, and local building codes and industry standards;
- Working knowledge of sustainable design principles and energy code requirements.
JPA’s competitive compensation and benefits package include:
- Competitive salaries, including paid overtime;
- Performance-based bonus;
- Health, vision & dental insurance (employee & family/dependent plans);
- Generous company-funded 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan;
- Paid holidays (8) & personal time off;
- Mentoring & individual professional development plans – networking events, seminars, and training;
- Tuition reimbursement plan;
- Short- & long-term disability insurance;
- Flexible spending account;
- Community engagement, environmental stewardship & social events;
- Free on-site parking & gym amenities.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.