MEP Systems Modeler
Who We Are: Established in 1911, James Posey Associates (JPA) is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP), fire protection (FP) engineering design and commissioning firm located in Baltimore County, Maryland. As a small business, JPA has maintained important relationships throughout its 110-year history and expanded its clientele throughout the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC area. Our portfolio includes a wide variety of projects in the education, government, medical, research, critical-operations, historic, and cultural market sectors, including many iconic facilities with high-profile clients. Our firm embraces progressive engineering technologies, LEED and sustainable design principles, and promotes full project collaboration through Building Information Modeling (BIM) and project management strategies.
Whether student, entry level, or seasoned, JPA is committed to mentoring and professional development aimed at assisting talented staff achieve their professional goals. The company structure fosters an environment for employees to grow at their pace. Opportunities to succeed with JPA, coupled with the firm’s collaborative environment, social stewardship, and attractive benefit package, contribute to JPA’s long history of successful staff retention.
What We’re Looking For: JPA is currently seeking a full-time, highly motivated MEP Systems Modeler with experience in modeling and drafting building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or fire protection system components. JPA’s ideal applicant for this entry level position has completed systems modeling and drafting coursework, with relevant project, internship, or co-op experience in the building and construction industry. You should expect to work primarily with project engineers, project managers, and other senior staff; coordinate with the work of other trades; and serve an active role in the daily production of project construction documents. Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Certificate in Computer-Aided Design (CAD) for Architecture and Engineering or equivalent; or Associate degree in Engineering Technology (drafting and design);
- Multiple co-ops or internships performing CAD and BIM design for building MEP systems;
- Advanced proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD design software is required; familiarity with Bentley MicroStation and OpenBuildings Designer BIM software is desired;
- Proficiency and/or experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other commonly-used engineering software packages.
Ideal candidates must also demonstrate:
- Professional work ethic;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and analytic skills;
- Progressive, energetic, and positive work attitude to contribute to and excel in a team environment.
JPA’s competitive compensation and benefits package include:
- Competitive salaries, including paid overtime;
- Performance-based bonus;
- Health, vision & dental insurance (employee & family/dependent plans);
- Generous company-funded 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan;
- Paid holidays (8) & personal time off;
- Mentoring & individual professional development plans – networking events, seminars, and training;
- Tuition reimbursement plan;
- Short- & long-term disability insurance;
- Flexible spending account;
- Community engagement, environmental stewardship & social events;
- Free on-site parking & gym amenities.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.