For press inquiries, please contact:
JPA Works on City COVID Tracing Center
Constructed in 1876 as an orphanage for Baltimore’s Jewish Community, the Hebrew Orphan Asylum (HOA) closed in 1923. The HOA was subsequently converted to the West Baltimore General Hospital and later the Lutheran Hospital of Maryland until it closure in the late 1980s. The historic building sat vacant for years until it was stabilized in 2019. JPA is providing engineering services for the core and shell fit out of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors creating office space for Baltimore City’s Center for Health Care and Healthy Living and the Baltimore City COVID Tracing Center. The project is pursuing LEED certification and has qualified for historic tax credits.