Buildings 46 & 67, Operational Archives and Research Repository
Washington Navy Yard : Washington, DC
JPA is providing MEP/FP design and construction services for the modernization and adaptive re-use of two historic buildings on the Washington Navy Yard campus – 46 (c. 1852), 67 (c. 1898), and 169 (swing space). Buildings 46 & 67 will form the new Operational Archives & Research Repository, a mission of the Naval History and Heritage Command’s (NHHC), to protect, collect, preserve, restore, perform archeology research and display of valuable and rare naval artifacts (historical photographs, photographs, documents, artwork, historical books, historical collectables, special collections, rare books). Program spaces for this mission include archeology and history departments, offices, storage and lab, art storage, art shop, and art mezzanine. Building modernization supports upgrades to the building’s architectural, structural, and MEP/FP systems.
Architect & Images Courtesy of: Beyer Blinder Belle